Youth and adult karate students learn practical martial arts and self-defense techniques while stressing self-control, discipline, respect, and perseverance. Classes are taught by Master Carson who brings a wealth of experience in instruction and leading participants in learning.
Once students move from the beginner class attendance is important. Students are required to attend a minimum of 24 classes between taking their belt tests and skills review.
Benefits of participating in Karate is the students will build their balance and physical conditioning. Creates a great work ethic and allow students to reach accomplishments by testing and passing their belt exams.
This program is run in accordance with Yi's Karate School and the International Marital Arts Association.
Temperature checks will be taken prior to entry into the class. Masks are required at check in.
- Ages 4-5
- Our Newest Karate program will be offered 1 day a week for students ages 4-5
- Pre-Schoolers will learn the basic moves and techniques associated with Karate
- This program focuses on improving your child's listening and motor skills
- Ages 6-15
- This class is designed for youth participants. It allows new students to gain a feel for the basics in a learning class without other influences that could make it difficult to learn. This class is basic information.
- Ages 6-15
- White, Yellow, Orange, Green, and Blue Belts
- This is the first building block for students once they have finished the beginner class. Students start learning forms and are in a mix of belts to continue working on building their skills and learning process. Classes are an hour long and broken into four categories (Basics, Forms, Steps and Free Fighting) The forms and one step are slowly brought on depending on the students belt level. Students will also sit for Skills Review in order to move belt colors. (Additional Fee for Testing is required).
- Ages 6-15
- Brown, Purple, Red, Cho Dan bo and Black Belts.
- These students have reached a level in training that begins moving them through the different levels of Black Belt. This level requires the skills learned in both intermediate and advanced classes. Students should know and will build on the basics. Introduction of more difficult movements and knowledge of this martial art will be taught. Once the student becomes a black belt, they are asked to lead some parts of the warm up in order to gain leadership skills. The forms and one step become more of a challenge and require the student to work both in class and at home. (Additional Testing Fee Required)
BEGINNER & ADVANCED ADULT
- 16 Years and up
- White, Yellow, Orange, Green, Light Blue, Brown, Purple, Red, Cho Dan bo, and Black belts